The Assistant Registrar for Adult & Graduate Studies (AGS) supports the work of the Office of the Registrar by managing the essential tasks for the Adult & Graduate Studies Division. This position reports to the Vice President of Adult and Graduate Studies for the day to day operations and administrative processes. This position reports to the Registrar of the College regarding all academic policy and procedure. The following functions are the responsibility of the Assistant Registrar for AGS
- Maintain the accuracy, integrity and security of all student academic records in the Division of Adult & Graduate Studies.
- Manage the activities and systems related to student registration; academic scheduling and initial classroom assignment for all cohort programs
- Train and supervise the Division’s Registrar staff
- Coordinate with Enrollment Advisors to ensure processing of all admissions applications and academic files.
- Review and approve transfer evaluations of college transcripts and credit by exam programs (CLEP & DANTES) for applicants and students in the AGS undergraduate and graduate LEAD programs. Approval of course equivalents is a shared responsibility with appropriate Department Chairs.
- Process and report student grades for all undergraduate and graduate students in the LEAD programs and notify advisors of academically at risk students
- Monitor satisfactory academic progress, and academic standing for all students on at least a bi-annual basis.
- Manage the AGS Commencement/Graduation process including, but not limited to, the development and communication of deadlines pertaining to the degree candidacy application, processing and ordering diplomas, student regalia, the certification of graduates and class standing, and AGS program content
- Participate in the preparation of reports as required by management, state, local, and federal regulatory agencies such as IPEDS, National Student Clearinghouse, NEASC, Nazarene Board of Education, and NCAA. All institutional reporting and research is completed in conjunction with the Coordinator of Institutional Research; this is a shared responsibility.
- Supply data and information on enrollment, graduation, and student population statistics for all internal and institutional reports.
- Work with the Director of Financial Aid and Retention to develop and implement communication and intervention strategies for retention efforts for Adult & Graduate Studies, including monthly retention reports; this is a shared responsibility.
- Masters Degree in related field
- At least three years of experience with academic records, including 1-2 years at a supervisory level within Academic Records or the Registrar’s Office.
- High commitment to the college, including the ability to be calm under pressure, self- motivate, be able to multi task, meet deadlines, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances.
- Experience with education database systems (SIS/ERP), familiarity with Ellucian Colleague preferred
- Strong Microsoft computer skills and ability to learn new systems.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of academic records and student concerns.
- Skilled in working with detail information and attentive to detail.
- Experience in an adult/continuing education setting preferred.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until filled START DATE: Immediately