Eastern Kentucky University, located in Richmond, Madison County, Kentucky near the Heart of the Bluegrass, is a student-centered comprehensive, regional, public university dedicated to high-quality instruction, service, and scholarship.
Position Summary: The University is accepting applications for Online Facilitators on a regular basis for the Master's Degree of Education Online Programs. When an opening is available your application will be considered in the applicant pool.
Facilitators are responsible for the overall instruction of small groups of students in scheduled online courses.
1. Schedule and moderate small group online chat sessions as specified in the Faculty Handbook.
2. Monitor and respond to the assigned small group online discussion forums as specified in the Faculty Handbook.
3. Monitor and track student participation in the course, alerting the Program Director, Lead Instructor and Program Manager of at-risk students.
4. Manage the grading and review of all course assignments.
5. Complete student assessments at the end of each course.
6. Participate in "Course Orientation" once per course (prior to start date).
7. Respond to student questions, interacting with the Lead Instructor or Program Director (academic issues) or Program Manager (administrative issues) on behalf of students where necessary.
8. Provide course feedback and suggestions for course and program improvement to the Lead Instructor, Curriculum Specialist, and Program Director.
9. Perform other duties related to teaching and managing the course as requested by the Lead Instructor.
Participant expectations: It is expected that the Facilitator will devote a minimum of 15 hours per week in fulfilling the above role. During weeks in which feedback on assignments and grading of assignments is due, substantially more time will be required.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis as positions become available.
Minimum Educational Qualifications: Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Qualifications:
Minimum Experience Qualifications: