East Carolina University, a constituent institution of the University of North Carolina, is a doctoral institution with an enrollment of over 27,000 students and approximately 4,500 faculty and staff.
Job Description: The Instructional Technology Consultant will report to the Director of the Pirate Tutoring Center and serve to support the expansion of digital tutoring services and center data management; this is a full-time, temporary position.
An Instructional Technology Consultant will have primary responsibilities with the following:
- Oversee the maintenance and expansion of digital tutoring services
- Plan, implement and train tutor PTC tutors in new methods of delivery via iPads, Thinkpad tablets, Tegrity recordings and other academic technologies
- Maintain technology devices in Pirate Tutoring Center including LCD monitors, laptops, Ipads, tablets and check in stations
- Develop and implement new methods of digital tutoring services
- Maintain ACCUQSL database system managing appointments and database information
- Oversee ACCUSQL student usage reports
- Oversee production of digital tutor training and student study skills workshops
- Share responsibility for Starfish maintenance and reports
- Interact with Academic Technologies staff on behalf of the Pirate Tutoring Center
The following criteria are essential for the position: experience in the application of educational technologies, facilitation, and implementation; experience in program management; and an understanding of college student development.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirement Qualifications:
This position requires a Master's degree in an appropriate discipline such as computer technology or Information systems and work experience in information technology, digital environments, or online teaching.
Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience from a comprehensive or research University. The following criteria are essential for the position: experience in the application of educational technologies, facilitation, and implementation; experience in program management; and an understanding of college student development.
Special Instructions to Applicants: East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the required applicant documents:
Letter of Interest
List of Three References (noting contact information)
Date Initial Screening Begins: 10-23-2013
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled