East Carolina University, a constituent institution of the University of North Carolina, is a doctoral institution with an enrollment of over 27,000 students and approximately 4,500 faculty and staff.
Job Description: The Office for Equity and Diversity (OED) seeks candidates for an Equal Opportunity and Diversity Data Analyst. The Analyst will be responsible for developing, monitoring, and disseminating EEO, Affirmative Action, and diversity metrics analyses and reports. The Analyst will also be responsible for working collaboratively with ECU assessment and research partners to develop and maintain equity and diversity related dashboards and databases. The Analyst will report to the Associate Provost for Equity and Diversity, and perform the following duties:
* Extract, prepare, compile and analyze personnel data for legally required affirmative action and equal opportunity reports, in accordance with federal and state compliance regulations.
* Conduct adverse impact analyses and other statistical analyses for annual affirmative action plans, and develop systems to periodically monitor personnel data for progress toward goals.
* Design and implement self-audit systems to ensure that programs and processes are in compliance with regulatory standards. Conduct periodic EEO desk audits and prepares reports.
* Prepare and submit annual EEO, VETS, and other governmental reports.
* Conducts research and salary equity studies for grievances and complaints of compensation discrimination. Write reports and issue determination.
* Develop systems to monitor Title IX compliance and gender equity progress.
* Compile and analyze trends and conduct research on diversity benchmarks and trends.
* Partner with the Office of Enrollment Management to monitor student diversity in university and college recruitment and enrollment processes.
* Work collaboratively with the Department of Institutional Planning, Assessment, and Research to design and maintain a comprehensive metrics reporting system to effectively monitor, analyze and benchmark institutional diversity and equity intelligent indicators.
* Develop reports informing university community about faculty, staff and student key performance indicators of equity, diversity and inclusion.
* Generate ad-hoc metrics reports, as necessary, to respond to faculty, staff and student complaints and grievances.
* Translate statistical analyses and data reports to provide clear, concise and intuitive insight for equity and diversity initiatives.
* Deliver presentations, workshops and content for online modules to educate the university community regarding affirmative action, grievance and diversity data.
* Stay abreast of regulatory, legal, and policy updates from OFCCP, EEOC, OCR and other agencies regarding equal opportunity and diversity data collection, reporting and auditing.
* Develop content for auditing and compliance awareness communications for institutional partners.
* Provide other services, as deemed appropriate to the functioning of the OED unit.
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: Master's degree OR a Bachelor's degree and at least three years of experience in extracting, preparing and analyzing data. All degrees should be from appropriately accredited institutions. Experience in research design and statistical analysis. Ability to work collaboratively with institutional partners. Proficiency in statistical software. Strong oral and written communication skills.
At least three years of experience in preparing affirmative action and equal opportunity analyses is highly preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, and a list of three references including contact information online.
Date Initial Screening Begins: 04-12-2013
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled