East Carolina University, a constituent institution of the University of North Carolina, is a doctoral institution with an enrollment of over 27,000 students and approximately 4,500 faculty and staff.
Job Description: Reporting to the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Development/Executive Director, the Associate Athletics Director for Development will serve as a member of the Pirate Club leadership team. He/She will be responsible for the following essential duties:
1. Plan, direct, coordinate and execute all aspects of the Pirate Club Annual Fund, including content creation, annual campaign and stewardship.
2. Assist in the strategic planning and direction of the Pirate Club.
3. Assist in the creation of the Pirate Club annual budget and strategically deploy financial resources to enable fundraising success.
4. Serve as the chief marketing and branding officer of the Pirate Club.
5. Manage and direct 3 full time fundraisers and 37 chapter presidents.
6. Oversee Data Processing and Development Systems.
7. Manage all front line staff members including student workers, graduate assistants and/or temporary employees.
8. In consultation with the Senior Associate AD/Executive Director of Pirate Club and the Executive Director of Pirate Club facilitate Pirate Club member benefits.
9. In coordination with the Assistant Director for Special Events, plan, coordinate and manage all Pirate Club Events including the Pirate Golf Classic.
10. Oversee day to day office operations.
11. Manage all Pirate Club game day operations and hospitality areas.
12. Responsible for all facets of the Pirate Club Rep Volunteer program including volunteer activity, incentives, training and communication.
13. Personally manage and supervise the Pitt County Pirate Club chapter.
14. Responsible for actively managing a leadership level annual fund and major gift donor portfolio.
15. Maintain a culture of rules compliance and institutional control within the Pirate Club.
16. Serve as a positive member of the ECU and Greenville community by participating in university and community activities.
17. Contribute to the overall success of the ECU Athletics department and the Pirate club by willingly performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics or the Executive Director.
Minimum Qualifications: -Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of athletics development or related experience.
-Understanding of how to navigate and function within a large complex institutional environment.
-Ability to engage diverse stakeholders, strengthening their commitment to the organization and achieving their philanthropic support.
-Experience developing, mentoring, and leading a development team.
-Excellent communication skills.
-Strong organizational and leadership skills.
-Ability to travel locally and nationally.
-Proficiency with technologies such as Microsoft office and databases.
-Familiarity with a Priority Points system and donor benefits administration
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
Special Instructions to Applicants: East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates should submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Date Initial Screening Begins: 08-06-2013
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled