Established in 1847, Carthage is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences, affil...
Since 1891, the University of La Verne has been dedicated to the belief that a quality, values-based...
To teach transfer level lecture/laboratory courses in Human Anatomy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach university transfer level courses in Human Anatomy, Introductory Biology, and other courses as needed
• Prepare and maintain dissected lab specimens, such as cats, for student prosection
• Maintain currency in subject content, laboratory methods, technological advancements, and pedagogy within the discipline
• Demonstrate a willingness to participate in developing and offering biology courses through online instruction.
• Demonstrate commitment to the community college mission and its diverse student populations
• Participate in departmental and college wide activities, including committee work.
• Use technology to enhance instruction, manage classroom administrative tasks and communicate effectively with the campus community
• Contribute to a dynamic teaching/learning environment requiring adaptability, creativity and teamwork
• Apply strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues
• Travel and teach at other campuses as needed by Biology Department
• Minimum of M.S. Biology or equivalent professional degree is required
• Experience teaching anatomy courses (both lecture and laboratory) required, preferably at a community college.
• One year of full-time teaching experience in anatomy preferred
• Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Evidence of a collaborative approach in working both effectively and professionally with students and colleagues
• Applicants are required to provide official college transcript(s) with their application
Beginning 2014 Fall Semester
Academic-Year Schedule; Tenure-Track Position
Salary commensurate with education and experience
APPLICATION PERIOD: JUNE 12, 2014 – JULY 2, 2014
(This date includes a five-day grace period. Applications will not be accepted after 7/2/14 11:59pm EST).
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application located at jobs.ccri.edu , and attach a cover letter and resume by the closing date. Please include information of three references within the application.
All applicants are required to provide official college transcripts. Please send official college transcripts to:
CCRI Biology Department
400 East Avenue
Warwick, RI 02886
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Diversity Employer.
Any individual with a disability who requires assistance in the application process should contact CCRI at (401) 825-2311 prior to the close of the application period. TTY: (401) 825-2313.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.