All applicants must apply online at: www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Deadline to Apply:
Job Specifications: Bachelor's degree in education or related field. Must have an understanding of the function of a reading laboratory and experience with adult learners with reading difficulties; knowledge of basic computer skills desired.
Must be willing to work split hours, daytime and evenings.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work in a general office environment.
General Summary: Maintain the Reading Laboratory and support faculty and students as needed.
Job Duties: 1. Orient faculty and students to reading laboratory materials and programs.
2. Serve as a resource person for faculty and students.
3. Administer reading exams in conjunction with faculty (i.e., retests for vertical changes, make-up exams, and readability tests).
4. Develop individualized prescriptive laboratory work for students with specific skills deficiencies/weaknesses.
5. Supervise Computer Reading Laboratory and assist faculty in the finding and implementation of new software.
6. Maintain an organized and up-to-date Reading Laboratory (maintain/replace current equipment; order new materials and equipment).
7. Monitor and correct students' laboratory work and retain and organize their work folders.
8. Supervise work-study students.
9. Generate monthly/yearly reports related to laboratory usage and current inventory.
10. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.