All applicants must apply online at: www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Deadline to Apply: 02-18-2013
Job Specifications: Master's degree in counseling and two (2) years related experience required. College experience in counseling is preferred.
Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
General Summary: Provide support services to students through academic, career, transfer, and personal counseling.
Job Duties: 1. Provide individual and/or group counseling on issues related to personal, transfer, career, and academic concerns. May refer students to outside agencies for personal matters.
2. May provide academic advisement as stipulated in the AFT Contract.
3. Provide crisis intervention counseling and follow-up as needed by Dean of Student Development.
4. Coordinate Placement Testing and other Academic diagnostic and standardized tests.
5. Interpret placement tests, career inventories and psychometric tests.
6. Assist with the development and implementation of early intervention and retention programs.
7. Work with Dean of Student Development to identify and recommend appropriate services designed to address student needs.
8. Assist with the acquisition and updating of materials in the Counseling Center.
9. Participate in staff development activities.
10. Assist with preadmissions interviews, as needed.
11. Assist with the development of special programs that reflect the diversity of the student population.
12. Participate in New Student Orientation.
13. Provide information to students regarding the transfer process.
14. Serve on campus and/or college committees.
15. Prepare and submit reports, as requested.
16. Provide input in the preparation of the operating and capital budgets.
17. Perform other related duties as assigned.