Columbus State Community College invests in employee development by providing numerous resources, partnerships, training and mentoring opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that provides a variety options for you and your family.
Job Description To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled persons, covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
1) Operates two-way radio. Receives messages from and transmits messages to law enforcement officers, emergency squad, fire department and other personnel, and provides continued communications. Monitors radio messages and logs incoming and outgoing calls.
2) Operates Law Enforcement Automated Data System (LEADS) to send and receive messages from other law enforcement agencies. Operates Computerized Criminal History (CCH) system to run criminal background checks.
3) Responds to ADT security calls. Activates alarm panel, dispatches officers and contacts off-campus locations.
4) Provides customer service. Assists with emergencies, creates and validates ID cards, provides directions, retrieves lost and found articles, issues temporary parking passes and performs other tasks.
5) Enters vehicle information, compiles master room opening list, prints ticket history, inputs shift summary, types correspondence and performs other tasks.
6) Accepts and date stamps key request from new employees. Notifies employees and distributes keys.
7) Administers CPR, performs first aid, operates Automated Electronic Defibrillator (AED) and secures ambulatory service.
8) Receives and routes calls and handles complaints and messages of routine nature.
9) Maintains confidentiality of student records, and maintains incident reports and other sensitive information.
10) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required. Required education/experience An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Minimum qualifications for this position are: High School Degree or GED with at least 1 year dispatching or other closely related experience. Possession of or ability to obtain required certifications. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Knowledge of: two-way radio and telephone system operational procedures; operation of Law Enforcement Automated Data System (LEADS) terminal; operation of Computerized Criminal History (CCH) system; standard office practices and procedures; computer software, programs and applications.
Ability to: develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, job contacts and general public; exhibit a pleasant telephone manner; answer routine inquiries; maintain confidential and sensitive information; exercise sound judgment in dealing with stressful situations; exhibit good understanding of various emergency and other situations; learn operation of telephone switchboard and radio system to receive and relay information accurately and rapidly.
Skill in: verbal and written communications; operation of general office equipment; customer service; general typing; application of job software programs; filing documents in alphabetical, numerical, chronological and subject order; maintaining work records; application of technical skills in radio, telephone systems and LEADS operations. Preferred Qualifications Training/Certifications Required State motor vehicle operator's license. Employee must be insurable to operate a vehicle, as a condition of initial and continued employment. Emergency 911 Dispatching Certification; Law Enforcement Automated Data System Certification; Computerized Criminal History Certification; CPR; First Aid.