Columbus State Community College invests in employee development by providing numerous resources, partnerships, training and mentoring opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that provides a variety options for you and your family.
Job Description To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled persons, covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
1) Provides application, admissions, and enrollment process information in-print, in-person, by phone, by email, and using other electronic/online tools. Explains the steps for enrollment to individuals and groups of prospective students, new applicants (including special populations, such as high school dual enrollment), and returning students.
2) Responds to internal and external inquiries related to application, record, and system issues. Provides customer service, maintains good public relations, and conducts follow-up communication with applicants and representatives of partner schools and organizations to ensure applicants are progressing through the application and enrollment processes. Helps applicants utilize online resources and assists with troubleshooting issues. Collaborates with and executes referrals to appropriate College departments/personnel to facilitate enrollment.
3) Researches and resolves duplicate, incomplete, and other record issues in various systems. Exports, imports, manually enters, and verifies data. Conducts record processing and communication system functions. Assists with overall data flow and integrity among various operational systems.
4) Assists with application workflow and documentation to ensure timely and accurate processing. Assists with online application processing, status updates and notification, admission decision steps, and applicant communication. Processes acceptance verification and other documentation requests. Adds student record notations as needed for special populations.
5) Provides functional expertise and technical support for the admissions operational systems, including the student information system admissions and communication management modules, prospective student and applicant database/CRM system, online application, standardized test score systems, and document management system. Works with Director and System Coordinators to ensure standardization, consistency, data integrity, security, and adherence to policies and procedures.
6) Assists with system development, testing, implementation, maintenance, and update processes. Monitors systems performance and assists with problem resolution to help ensure system reliability and functionality. Evaluates and recommends process and system modifications as needed.
Assists with developing and maintaining systems procedure manuals and training materials.
7) Assists with CRM functionality. Assists with developing and implementing strategies for utilizing the CRM resources including the inquiry/information request form and web-delivered content, online application, Q/A tool, chat tools, email communication and survey tools, analysis and reporting tools, event registration system, telecenter system, and data import/export functions.
8) Utilizes the DMS to scan and index documents and to complete workflow activities.
9) Keeps accurate records. Researches, conducts data analysis, and compiles information for records, forms, and other documentation requests. Assists with special projects and prepares reports as required. Maintains confidentiality of files, student records, system passwords, and other sensitive information.
10) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance, and works overtime hours as required to meet workload demands. Required education/experience An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Minimum qualifications for this position are: Bachelor's Degree in Information/Computer Technology, Management Information Systems/Applications, Student Personnel (with a technology emphasis), or a closely related field with 3 to 5 years progressively responsible experience in Admissions, Enrollment Services, or other student services area. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Knowledge of: computer software, including the Microsoft Office suite, basic programming, HTML/XHTML, SQL, and database management; Colleague or other student information system; Hobsons or other CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system; DMS (Document Management System); project management and related technology tools; report development and analysis; admissions and enrollment management objectives, strategies and technology applications; marketing and communication management; social networking; community college philosophy and operations; college student development and advising techniques; and standard office practices and procedures.
Ability to: work independently demonstrating initiative and follow-through; coordinate and manage multiple tasks and activities; exhibit flexibility in work schedule and job tasks; collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions pertaining to system operations problems and enhancements; appreciate diversity and work effectively with persons of different cultures and backgrounds; develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, job contacts, and the general public; exhibit a pleasant telephone manner; answer routine and complex inquiries; maintain confidential and sensitive information; maintain accurate and complete work records; speak effectively to large groups.
Skill in: operational analysis and troubleshooting technology systems and job software programs; coordinating program functions; multi-tasking; project management; verbal and written communications; maintaining good public relations and customer service; general typing and operating general office equipment. Preferred Qualifications Prefer applicants who:
1) have experience working at a college/university, preferably in Admissions or another student services area, serving a diverse population, and
2) have experience using a college student information system, especially Ellucian Colleague, and
3) have experience using a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system, especially Hobsons. Training/Certifications Required State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to worksite(s).