Columbus State Community College invests in employee development by providing numerous resources, partnerships, training and mentoring opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that provides a variety options for you and your family.
Job Description To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled persons covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Interview and assess client needs, with a particular focus on the Hispanic customer base. Provide in-depth counseling with clients to determine their needs and capabilities, develop counseling work plans. Participate in training events as instructor or moderator.
2) Develop and provide specific information, reports and/or special services as requested or required by the SBA/SBDC Administrators, the SBA Business Development Specialist and the Director of the SBDC.
3) Ensure timely and accurate counseling data input for the local SBDC Management Information System (MIS). Assist SBDC staff in developing PROS database in conjunction with the main SBDC PROS database. Maintain departmental databases and generate reports as needed, and meet monthly data input requirements for the Center IC.
4) Support customers throughout the relationship with the goal of creating individual customer satisfaction that can aide in repeat business and referrals to other business owners. Seek and take appropriate actions on customer feedback; resolving difficult issues in a timely and professional manner; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty and adhering to the 24 hour call back metric. Assist in efforts to evaluate the effectiveness and impact of training events.
5) Identify and work with other private and public entities providing voluntary/free-consulting services. Work effectively with both academic and government sectors, private sectors and institutes of higher education. Coordinate small business activities with local, state, and federal agencies.
6) Work closely with Director and/or other agencies to facilitate the operation of the program. Performs other duties as assigned by SBDC Coordinator.
7) Maintain client relationships via the phone and during training and service encounters. Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way. Relate well with people of diverse backgrounds.
8) Assist in the planning and marketing of seminars, training sessions, and conferences. Community involvement, public appearances as needed or directed.
9) Effectively control one's program assignments by allocating appropriate time to priority goals, requirements, and college assigned projects.
10) Work assigned schedule, exhibit regular and predictable attendance and work overtime as required to meet workload demands. Follow department call in procedures when late or absent. Keep calendar current with all appointments and daily contact information. Perform other related duties as required.
11) Attend training sessions for business analysts to facilitate ongoing knowledge and ability to provide in-depth counseling. Attend and participate in various meetings and community activities to keep abreast of issues and concerns related to SBDC activities. Required education/experience An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Minimum qualifications for this position are: B.A. or B. S. in Business Administration, Economics or related field. In place of a degree, a minimum of three years experience in either business management or ownership activities/or equivalent combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the acquisition, required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable. Past experience in working effectively with private, academic and government sectors desirable. Must have or obtain within one year after hire a Certified Business Advisor (CBA) designation. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Knowledge of: general knowledge of business principals is required; personnel, project and business operations management; program development; assessment tools; sales and marketing strategies; grant writing and administration; consortium partnership/projects; customer service delivery, computer software programs and applications.
Ability to: work independently demonstrating initiative; coordinate multiple activities and tasks; exhibit flexibility in work schedule and job tasks; originate correspondence; maintain confidential and sensitive information; work effectively with persons of varying cultures and diversity;. Display strong interpersonal communication and analytical skills; and strong organizational skills. Ability to travel is required.
Skill in: verbal and written communications; listening; preparing written reports; analyzing data; event management, problem solving and analytical thinking; operating general office and job related equipment; planning, maintaining and promoting good public relations; customer service; project management, marketing development; general typing; organizing and coordinating programs. Preferred Qualifications Fluent in Spanish verbal and written communication. Training/Certifications Required State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to worksite(s).