Columbus State Community College invests in employee development by providing numerous resources, partnerships, training and mentoring opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that provides a variety options for you and your family.
Job Description To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled persons, covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
1) Oversees the p-circ function with OhioLINK as well as OhioLINK lending guidelines. Maintains OhioLINK reports. Collaborates with the OhioLINK Lead Implementer to resolve circulation issues. Coordinate system-wide circulation training with Staff Development..
2) Performs circulation desk duties including checking library materials in and out, registering patrons, collecting fees and fines, providing circulation information to patrons by phone and in person, and referring patrons to reference services.
3) Coordinate development of system-wide circulation work plans; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor workflow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures. Assists in planning, developing and implementing circulation procedures and processes. Responds to patron concerns and complaints regarding circulation policies and procedures
4) Coordinate all aspects of shelving and reserve material usage. Responsible for the physical preparation "reserve" materials, including labeling, card pockets, security sensors, barcodes etc., and in returning personal or departmental items to their owners. Ensure consistency and efficiency of workroom circulation functions;
5) Analyze system usage, and generate system statistical reports for management. Monitor and maintain all library circulation records, including the processing of all paperwork necessary to coordinate laptop and group study room lending.
6) Maintains proper working order of equipment, including copier. Performs routine equipment maintenance, loads toner, ensures proper working order, and initiates repair in accordance with policy and scope of authority.
7) Ensures that quality service is provided to patrons visiting the college library. Helps patrons with research using online catalog, reserve materials, and locating catalogued items. Assists patrons in identifying and locating books, and answers questions regarding use of library, borrowing and renewal policy, patron privileges and obligations, availability of materials, and other information as requested or needed.
8) Assist with Library opening and closing procedures. Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
9) Maintains confidentiality of patron records and other information. Required education/experience An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Minimum qualifications for this position are: Masters degree in Library & Information Science from an ALA accredited college or university or applicant may be close to completion of MLS/MLIS
Two years of increasingly responsible library support experience including circulation and overall library experience with some lead or project or management experience. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Knowledge of: Dewey Decimal System; on-line catalog systems; research database; literature.
Ability to: demonstrate a broad reading background; develop and maintain good working relationships with library patrons, co-workers and other job contacts; maintain confidential and sensitive information; categorize materials in subject, numerical and alphabetical order.
Skill in: operation of computer; use of Internet; verbal and written communications; routine typing; adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing; spelling; maintaining registration and other operational records; data entry; maintaining good public relations as library representative; delegating and work. Preferred Qualifications Training/Certifications Required State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to worksite(s).