Colorado School of Mines invites applications for the position of Chief Information Officer (CIO). The CIO reports directly to the Provost and is the chief administrator responsible for Campus Computing, Communications, and Information Technologies (CCIT). The CIO leads the centralized communications and information technology function in supporting all organizational areas (both academic and administrative) on campus and manages directors of several functional areas including High Performance and Research Computing, Computing and Networking Infrastructure and Security, Enterprise Systems, and Customer Support and Web services. The CIO’s role requires a strong blend of technical capability and management/leadership expertise.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or closely related field;
• Significant amounts of demonstrably successful senior management experience (of which a substantial portion must be in higher education) leading large and diverse functional areas - these must include a broad array of IT services;
• Demonstrated excellent communications (including senior management presentations);
• Successful supervisory and management experience;
• Significant achievements in planning, prioritizing, and executing large scale enterprise projects in a technically rich and complex environment;
• Evidence of significant senior level experience with budgeting, funds management, and administrative management; and
• Demonstrated success working collaboratively with diverse and competing constituencies and with executive level management to develop budgets, policies, and needs forecasts (short and long-term) for all IT infrastructure and services.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Business or a closely related field as well as direct experience with Banner.
• Evidence of successfully integrating and supporting campus business processes with IT services and systems.
For the complete job announcement and directions on how to apply, visit: http://inside.mines.edu/HR-Admin-Faculty
Mines is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its campus community. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.