The School of Communication and Creative Arts is seeking a full-time faculty member who is able to teach undergraduate-level French and who has a strong commitment to research and scholarship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teaching all levels of French language;
• Developing instructional materials and participating in departmental projects;
• Participating in curriculum review, revision and development;
• Engaging in research and scholarly activities;
• Participating in student recruitment and advisement;
• Serving on departmental, School and College-wide committees.
• An earned PhD in French or Francophone Studies from an accredited institution;
• Native or near-native command of French;
• Tertiary-level teaching experience.
The ideal candidate will have evidence of excellence in teaching and in the use of creative/innovative pedagogies; knowledge of current trends in pedagogy; and evidence of scholarship and research.
TD - Doctoral Degree $42,160 - $71,410
14 February 2014
Applicants should submit the following:
• A completed College of The Bahamas Application for Employment Form (www.cob.edu.bs/hrprofile);
• A letter of interest (highlighting work experience and accomplishments relevant to the position);
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae or resume;
• Teaching philosophy statement;
• Evidence of excellence in teaching;
• Evidence of research and scholarship;
• Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts needed for employment); and
• At least three confidential, professional references.
Applications will NOT be considered without the complete package.
* The electronic submittal of all application materials is strongly encouraged. Please send via email as an attachment to Email Address: email@example.com
The College of The Bahamas
Human Resources Department
P. O. Box N-4912
Poinciana Drive and Thompson Boulevard
Nassau, The Bahamas
Attention: Ms. Renée Mayers
Associate Vice President, Human Resources