Clark University, whose motto is “Challenge Convention, Change Our World,” seeks candidates for a newly created position that will disrupt the status quo and reimagine our digital universe.
The University Advancement Services (UAS) Reporting Analyst is responsible for promoting and supporting data-driven decision making by providing routine and ad hoc data analysis for the Department of University Advancement. The Analyst maintains and develops solutions to meet reporting needs to document fundraising outcomes, improve operations, streamline business practices and maximize the efficiency of data entry staff. Working with data from the Raiser’s Edge database, he/she uses Blackbaud’s canned reports, or, as needed, Crystal Reports, Microsoft reporting tools, or other applications to create custom reports, in order to provide in-depth fundraising analysis, focusing on Campaign Clark, The Clark Fund, and general performance metrics for the University Advancement operation. Another focus of analysis will be the engagement of alumni, families and friends through Clark University’s Liberal Education and Effective Practice (LEEP) initiatives.
The analyst prepares accurate, timely and substantiated data that will ultimately help University Advancement meet annual and campaign fundraising goals, enhance the engagement of alumni, families and friends, identify donor prospects and achieve overall excellence. This position will also mentor other UAS staff in working with reporting tools. This position functions under the general guidance and direction of the Director of Advancement Services.
FUNDRAISING AND ENGAGEMENT ANALYSIS
• Develop models and reports to support short- and long-term planning including giving trend analyses, statistical modeling, custom analysis and other projects
• Manage and archive various comparative fundraising, prospect management, event attendance and volunteer activity reports
• Prepare presentations for senior leadership
• Build end-user resources for volunteer management and recruiting
• Create documentation for reports and processes
• Perform various data extractions, imports, transformations and FTP submissions
• Assist with the development of information management standards, including data verification and data integrity processes
• Suggest ways to continually streamline or improve processes within UAS
• Monitor work queue and manage reporting requests
• Mentor junior level staff
• Work with University Advancement and broader campus colleagues
• Perform all related duties or special projects as assigned
Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree desirable.
Minimum of three years of related experience, including at least one year of experience analyzing and synthesizing data sets and producing highly readable, informative reports and presentations.
Must possess strong computer and Microsoft Office skills, advanced spreadsheet and relational database expertise, and proficiency with Crystal Reports; SQL to extract data; MS Visual Studio; Web Services; Raiser's Edge - query, import, export and API/VBA; Visual Basic for Applications (VBA); MS Office application development using Access and Excel; statistical methods and concepts and experience building predictive models.
The successful candidate must demonstrate excellence in a variety of competencies, including a high level of attention to detail and active listening skills. Must be able to problem-solve and troubleshoot, in addition to the ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment. Must make good use of initiative and exhibit sound judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality.
Preference for candidates with prior experience in a Higher-Ed or non-profit setting and an understanding of fundraising standards and methodologies preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately. This is a full-time position with outstanding benefits including 4 weeks’ vacation and a generous retirement plan.
Apply to: or mail to: Clark University, Human Resources Office, 950 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01610.
AA/EOE Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply