Central College is a residential liberal arts college dedicated to helping students discover and develop their greatest potential. Guided by its ecumenical Christian tradition, the college community engages in vigorous, open inquiry in pursuit of academic excellence.
The College nurtures the development of the mind, while fostering spiritual and emotional maturity and physical well-being. Central integrates career preparation with the development of values essential to responsible citizenship, empowering graduates for effective service in local, national and international communities.
Location: Pella, Iowa, just 40 minutes southeast of Iowa's capital city of Des Moines and two minutes from Lake Red Rock. Pella is a thriving community of 10,000 and home to several large international companies including Pella Corporation (manufacturer of Pella Windows), Vermeer Corporation, Heritage Lace and Precision Pulley. The city is known for its Dutch heritage and the annual Tulip Festival that attracts more than 200,000 visitors each year.
- Higher Learning Commission
- Member of:
- North Central Association
- Iowa Department of Public Instruction
- National Association of Schools of Music
- American Chemical Society
Central College is a leader in environmental stewardship in Iowa and the Midwest.
- Received Iowa's first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating, silver, by the U.S. Green Building Council in 2003 for the renovation of the Vermeer Science Center.
- Earned gold LEED rating in 2004 for McKee Residential Hall.
- Received platinum LEED rating in 2010 for the Roe Center.
- Central is committed to LEED guidelines for all new campus construction and to an environmentally friendly campus.