Responsible for creating academic programs that successfully address defined market needs. Directly manage faculty within assigned programs to ensure quality course room experiences and high faculty engagement. Provide program-level leadership.
Key Responsibilities and Supporting Competencies:
Learner Experience Management: (Competencies: Learner Centric, Enterprise View, Alignment, Innovation, Principled Leadership)
1. Manage and resolve learner and faculty issues in collaboration with organizational stakeholders (special attention should be given to escalated learner issues)
2. Influence, implement, and ensure compliance with Capella’s academic and related policies.
3. Provide support to the enrollment/reenrollment process.
4. Lead and support PhD completion efforts (accountabilities and activities varies by Graduate Schools)
Course Quality Management: (Competencies: Team Orientation High Performance Orientation, Nimble, Learner Centric)
5. Lead and manage the development and revision of academic offerings.
6. Lead and managing course offering/scheduling
7. Lead efforts to ensure appropriate academic offering accreditation and/or licensure is obtained and maintained.
8. Utilize analytics and evidence-based management to develop and execute actions that drive continuous quality improvement practices in learner success, teaching, mentoring and faculty-learner engagement, academic quality, and curricula development.
9. Ensure assigned academic offerings are aligned with professional trends and standards, while seeking professional validation where ever possible (in the way of credentials, licensure, alignment with existing or emerging standards, etc.)
10. Build and nurture internal and external partnerships and relationships that drive success of the school and academic offerings.
Talent Management: (Competencies: Team Orientation, Courageous)
11. Create and implement a workforce plan that successfully identifies and fills resource needs (This includes identifying hiring needs, managing the recruitment process, hiring and on-boarding of faculty).
12. Deploy faculty resources to support the achievement of established operational plan and quality metrics, according to University and School utilization guidelines.
13. Ensure each faculty member is meeting or exceeding Faculty Expectation and Performance Standards (courseroom and mentoring) by effectively using performance data to provide timely and meaningful feedback/coaching and professional development opportunities.
Education level: Require a doctorate in business (PhD) or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
* Seeking an experienced and innovative leader with demonstrated success as both a scholar and practitioner in the field of business.
* Minimum work experience of 10 years.
* The preferred and successful candidate will have the following qualifications; strong professional portfolio in business education and learning and a scholarly portfolio that highlights strong research competencies.
* A demonstrated record of managing innovative programs, leading teams of effective and talented people, a thought leader with an ability to execute and work collaboratively across multiple and diverse stakeholder groups.
* Previous experience leading and managing large and complex organizational learning systems and programs is preferred.
This is an off-site position. The majority of the role can be performed from your home office with a computer, internet access and phone.
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account. https://hr.capella.edu/psp/hr91prd/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?P...
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 36,000 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456, www.ncahlc.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.