Job Description: Director, Office of Assessment
This is an Exempt position that falls within the APA Union.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Director leads the outcomes assessment activities of the University. These activities support institutional accountability and continuous improvement, and include supporting faculty in the development and implementation of comprehensive assessment plans in academic programs. The Director is also responsible for offering assessment services that support accreditation efforts and that strengthen the program reviews developed by academic departments.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Associate Provost for Academic Planning and Administration.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervises subordinate professional, classified and student employee personnel assigned to the department.
1. Plan, organize, and coordinate activities of the Office of Assessment.
2. Support the ongoing development and implementation of comprehensive outcomes assessment programs to assess and improve student learning in the academic programs of the University.
3. Oversee the collection and analysis of various assessment data to support both accreditation and departmental program reviews.
4. Oversee the development and administration of program-level surveys, analysis of collected data, and dissemination of results to appropriate audiences.
5. Interpret assessment findings and use appropriate methods to report such findings, with particular emphasis on findings that influence institutional decision-making and policy development.
6. Perform other duties as may arise, especially related to the strategic goals for the Division of Academic Affairs and the University. Required Qualifications: 1. Master's degree in an appropriate discipline is required; earned doctorate is preferred.
2. Expertise in higher education assessment is required, suitable to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position.
3. Knowledge of higher education principles, practices, and procedures is required.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills are required, coupled with a good sense of humor.
5. Ability to work productively with professional and clerical staff within the office is required, as well as the ability to forge productive professional relationships with external constituents. Preferred Qualifications: Special Instructions to Applicants: