Job Description: This is an FLSA exempt, non-unit professional position.
General Statement of Duties:
Manage the staffing and recruitment function for the University and activities related to the employment of full and part-time employees. Responsible for developing and implementing effective recruitment strategies aligned with the University's strategic goals, which enable the University to attract and promote a diverse workforce. Perform generalist functions; employee and labor relations; administration of collective bargaining agreements; policy abd procedure implementation.
Associate Vice President, Human Resources
Other Professional & Classified staff (as necessary)
Student Employees (as necessary)
1.Develop and implement effective recruitment strategies to build a diverse talent pool, which aligns with the University's strategic goals.
2.Target diverse populations through internet sources, publications, and professional associations; other colleges and universities, historically-black colleges, etc.; Establish and maintain a network of internal & external contacts to help source and identify qualified and diverse candidates; Recommend options for diversity outreach recruitment strategies
3. Serve as an internal consultant to faculty search committees.
4. Build relationships with hiring departments; understand department business needs, functions and job responsibilities; help create recruitment plans; Provide support and guidance to search committee chairs/ members; Advertise vacant positions; Support professional and classified searches as necessary.
5. Manage applicant tracking system and technologies related to the recruitment process. Serve as in-house expert; Responsible for system upgrades, maintenance and implementations; Provide training and support to search committees and applicants; Manage system reporting; Maintain system documentation and procedures
6. Oversee employment advertising. Manage advertising budget; Work with advertising agencies to place advertisements, review and edit copy, etc.; External branding and marketing of employment opportunities.
7. Develop and deliver recruitment/hiring workshops and training programs. Educate search committees to ensure compliance with AA/EEO regulations, employment laws, collective bargaining policies and procedures, as well as University procedures; Conduct trainings relevant to diversity hiring, effective recruitment strategies, interviewing, screening, etc.
8.Serve as point of contact for and administers USCIS and BSU policies and procedures pertaining to citizenship, work visas, immigration issues, etc.
9. Manage all pre-employment screenings; physicals, background checks, etc.
10. Manage the hourly employee hiring process.
11. Serve as Human Resources consultant to managers and supervisors; provide service and support for employee and labor relations, policies and procedures, performance management, new employee orientation, training and development.
12. Assist with the administration of classified and professional collective bargaining agreements and excluded staff policies & procedures.
13. Serve on University committees, as assigned by the Associate Vice President.
14. Responsible for other projects and responsibilities as assigned. Required Qualifications: Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's degree in related field
2. Minimum seven years human resources experience, preferably in an academic environment.
3. Employee relations experience.
4. Experience managing a full-life cycle recruitment function.
5. Familiarity with a broad range of recruiting resources from traditional to virtual.
6. Experience with diversity recruitment and developing diverse talent pools.
7. Experience with PeopleAdmin or other electronic applicant tracking system.
Skills & Knowledge:
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Exceptional interpersonal & customer service skills.
Ability to exhibit competency as a self-starter.
Strong organizational ability and attention to detail
Ability to work under time pressures in a high transaction environment, while managing multiple priorities.
Supervisory experience and knowledge.
Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
Knowledge of federal laws as they pertain to immigration and employment. Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree, preferred.
PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
Knowledge of higher education principles and practices preferred.
Knowledge of collective bargaining principles and practices preferred. Special Instructions to Applicants: