Job Description: Certified Flight Instructor
This is an hourly, non-benefited position.
Provide flight, simulator, and ground instruction in accordance with Bridgewater State University (BSU) flight training program and FAA policies and procedures. Comply with all applicable Bridgewater State University and FAA regulations to ensure the highest quality of training is provided to assigned student(s) in each flight course. Required Qualifications: - FAA Certified Flight Instructor, Airplane Single Engine Land, Instrument Airplane.
- Must hold a current and valid FAA Medical Certificate.
- Must have no limitations on the Medical Certificate preventing the applicant from conducting flight training activity.
- Ability to demonstrate safe practices and procedures at all times when operating in the aviation environment.
- Ability to simultaneously demonstrate and perform maneuvers and procedures and give effective flight instruction to students at various levels of flight training and experience.
- Ability to demonstrate instructional knowledge of required material and impart said knowledge to students with a high degree of accuracy and skill.
- Ability and desire to provide the highest level of customer service and quality flight training to all Bridgewater State University students, agents, and partner agencies.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure while demonstrating good judgment and sound aeronautical decision making skills in a fast-paced and noisy environment. Preferred Qualifications: - In-depth knowledge of all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations and Bridgewater State University administrative and operational policies and procedures. Special Instructions to Applicants: Please attach the following documents:
Resume must include the following:
- FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate number
- FAA Flight Instructor rating(s) and Certificate number
- Total PIC Time (include totals for ASEL, AMEL, other)
- Dual Given (total, and within previous 12 calendar months)
- Aircraft Experience by make/model and type, if applicable
- Total Instrument, Simulated or Actual (Airplane only)
- Night PIC
- PIC in Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA)
- Student FAA Practical Test Passrate
- Applicant may be subject to a Criminal Offender Records Information (CORI) check and/or background check.
- Offer is contingent upon the successful completion of the BSU Flight Instructor Standardization Course.