The Website Administrator is responsible for the smooth day-to-day operation of the Boston University School of Public Health website as well as participating in strategic planning for the website. S/he maintains the website, manages projects, trains new users, develops new pages/sections, and manages SPH’s digital signage.
- Responsible for website maintenance including checking for dead links and troubleshooting problems. Will liaise with IS&T for more complex issues.
- Serve as the main help desk person for the site’s contributors
- Help plan and build out new sections of the website
- Create web graphics / edit photos as assigned
- Run WordPress training for faculty and staff
- Maintain the digital signage at SPH
Expertise in WordPress is required as is experience with maintaining a WordPress website. Must be very strong in HTML, CSS, and Photoshop but no advanced programming necessary (but it is a plus). Exceptional customer-service and interpersonal skills needed. Experience in higher education, technology training, and/or Digital Asset Management systems is a plus. A Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 1-3 years’ experience is required.