The candidate will be expected to be an active member of the social work faculty team with student academic advising and Club activities, contributing to Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) reaccreditation activities, curriculum design, and involvement in various community collaborative ventures.
- The candidate must be willing to teach core courses in the generalist social work BSW program.
- These on-campus, online, and hybrid courses may include but are not limited to Human Behavior and the Social Environment, Generalist Practice (individual, group, and community), Field Experience, Family Dynamics, and Social Welfare Policy.
- The candidate will be expected to be an active member of the social work faculty team with student academic advising and Club activities, contributing to Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) reaccreditation activities, curriculum design, and involvement in various community collaborative ventures.
- Experience teaching with electronic course management delivery software such as Desire to Learn is required.
- Also, faculty member should anticipate involvement in activities that support Bemidji State University's signature themes of: environmental stewardship, civic engagement, and global/multicultural understanding.
- MSW from a CSWE accredited program and a minimum of two years post graduate school practice experience.
- Licensure from the Minnesota Board of Social Work.
- Experience teaching with electronic course management delivery software such as Desire to Learn.
- Possesses good interpersonal skills, leadership ability, an understanding of generalist social work practice, experience with diverse populations and communities, and a commitment to collaborative, inter-departmental efforts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience with diverse cultures and populations.
- PhD or ABD in Social Work or a related field.
- Experience in chemical dependency.
- Program management experience.
- Persons providing a reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such information available to applicants upon request.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- Applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces.
A complete application in Neo Gov will include the following attachments:
- Cover letter which addresses the qualifications
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
Dr. Cheryl A. Byers, Program Director
Social Work Program
- To learn more about us, please visit our website at:
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at:
Fixed Term/Externally Funded
August 19, 2014
March 10, 2014
Send materials to:
http://www.bemidjistate.edu/offices/human_resources/employment/faculty_a... , . .
Human Resources Department
NOTICE In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. This document can be made available in alternative formats such as large print, Braille or audio tape by calling (651) 296-3816, 1(888) MnSCU-4-U or TTY (651) 282-2660. Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Employment Opportunities is available on the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities web site: http://www.mnscu.edu/about/jobopportunities/index.html