The Dean for International Programs serves as the College’s chief international officer. Reporting to the Vice Provost, and working closely with the President and Provost on the College’s strategic global initiatives, the Dean for International Programs will assume leadership responsibility for developing the College’s international vision and strategy, for developing academic partnerships, programs and initiatives abroad, and for creating and managing a variety of innovative programs that bring visiting international students to Barnard and send Barnard faculty and students abroad.
The Dean will work closely with faculty across the institution to support their international collaborations and projects and to engage them in College-wide global initiatives. The Dean supervises the work of the Dean for Study Abroad, the International Programs Coordinator, and the departmental administrator, as well as overseeing all budgets for the College’s international programs. The Dean for International Programs will be expected to assume leadership of special projects related to global initiatives as requested.
1. Provide vision and strategy for the College’s internationalization strategy.
2. Develop, assess and oversee programs for the College that enhance the educational and research experiences of students and faculty globally.
3. Develop cooperative programs and partnerships with universities abroad to promote student and faculty exchanges and programs for visiting international students.
4. Work in an entrepreneurial fashion to develop new programming, revenue-generating projects, and strategies for international fundraising.
5. Organize the College’s annual Global Symposia, including coordinating a College planning committee, engaging faculty, shaping each global event, etc.
6. Collaborate with Barnard faculty on their international work, on internationalizing the curriculum and on enhancing the College’s global reach. .
7. Chair Faculty Advisory Committee on Internationalization and the Administrative Internationalization Group.
8. Represent the College on University-wide committees and international planning efforts.
9. Represent the College at national and international conferences, as well as at meetings concerning international initiatives, study abroad program evaluation, etc.
10. Supervise the Dean for Study Abroad, International Programs Coordinator, and departmental administrator.
11. Oversee multiple budget lines related to the College’s internationalization programs.