Bainbridge State College is one of 31 institutions within the University System of Georgia offering both technical and transfer programs to over 3,000 students. Students enjoy small classes in a supportive atmosphere. Located in southwest Georgia, the city of Bainbridge is thirty-five miles north of Tallahassee, Florida.
For a detailed description of the College, please visit our website at http://www.bainbridge.edu/about
The purpose of this position is to direct the college’s Practical Nursing & Allied Health program. The work consists of varied administrative, supervisory and instructional duties.
• Directs and participates with faculty in course preparation; coordinates course schedules and faculty teaching assignments; assists faculty in the development of course content and teaching methods.
• Assists in assessing students in classroom, lab, and clinical settings; reviews examinations and assists in examination development; reviews end of semester grades.
• Coordinates, schedules and conducts regular faculty meetings.
• Recruits, hires, orients, and supervises part-time instructors.
• Prepares course syllabi, lectures and grading instruments; delivers lectures and directs classroom activities; evaluates student work and assigns grades.
• Researches and prepares annual and special reports, including reports related to program accreditation.
• Assists students with questions and concerns; advises and registers students.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of classroom practices, teaching methodologies, assessment systems, and educational technology.
• Knowledge of practical nursing and allied health program curriculum.
• Knowledge of nursing program accreditation standards and best practices.
• Skill to make timely decisions.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, interpreted to require three to five years of related experience.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain state certification as a Registered Nurse.
•Earned Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
•Experience as a chair or director of Practical Nursing and/or Allied Health Programs.
•3-5 Years of Teaching experience
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Current Georgia License in Nursing in good standing.
$61,336.38 - $76,670.47
Apply Online at: https://bainbridge.hiretouch.com
For fullest consideration, application documents should be submitted by January 31, 2014. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Position available immediately.
Bainbridge State College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Federal Law requires ID and eligibility verification prior to employment. Bainbridge State College is subject to the Open Records Law.
It shall be a condition of employment to submit to a background investigation. Offers of employment shall be conditional pending the result of the background investigation.
Special Accommodations: Applicants who have a disability and need special services or facilities in order to apply or interview for this opening, should contact the Human Resources Office at (229) 243-5348.