Azusa Pacific Online University (APOU) is a member of the Azusa Pacific System of universities and learning institutions. Sharing the mission and values of Azusa Pacific, APOU was created in response to the growing demographic of diverse students who aspire to further their education but are unable to attend a traditional physical campus institution.
This position provides support services to the diverse student body of Azusa Pacific Online University (APOU). Primary areas of focus include academic advising, basic financial aid guidance, strengths development, spiritual formation, and general support services for students.
Required Experience / Education
- Associate’s degree
- Customer service experience in a support or service environment, phone support preferred.
- Christian Commitment: Vital Christian faith and lifestyle.
- Supportive of the evangelical mission and purpose of APOU and the Azusa Pacific University System.
Desired Experience / Education
- Two years of experience in student services within a higher education or adult education environment.
- A demonstrated track record of providing student services in an education environment. Mentoring and coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of online higher education
Primary Duties to be Learned in Training Program
- Provide one-on-one support for students in the areas of spiritual formation, strengths development, academic advising, basic financial aid advising, career counseling, student involvement and online academic engagement while fostering student development through clarification of academic, professional, and personal goals using strategies that contribute to successful academic completion.
- Serve as an individual mentor to students; monitor the progress of students and provide the encouragement and support necessary to enable students to complete their course of study, interceding with at-risk students to reduce attrition through referrals to internal and external programs for additional support services or for crisis intervention counseling and follow-up as needed
- Articulate the requirements of each degree program while working with students to develop an individualized plan to reach their academic goals.
- Coach students on the utilization of their strengths and available educational resources to encourage greater levels of personal responsibility for their learning.
- Encourage students through life events, obstacles and challenges through moral support and prayer.
- Coordinate efforts and work with the various student services departments and staff within the Azusa Pacific University Systems as needed to stay current with policy and procedures as well as to identify and recommend appropriate services designed to address the needs of online students
- Compile data as directed on program services, activities, and students. Maintain accurate, organized, and detailed student records and develop and maintain reports as required or assigned for retention purposes and evaluating students to make sure the program objectives are met.
- Interpret, apply and abide by the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and parental confidentiality issues.
- Carrying out other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Life Coach Director.
For the complete listing and to apply, please visit https://apou.applicantstack.com/x/openings
**NOTE** The application and hiring procedures for positions at APOU are different from the traditional Azusa Pacific University main campus. Please follow the online application procedures to indicate your interest. Inquiries for APOU careers must be directed to: (626) 857-2457