Azusa Pacific Online University (APOU) is a member of the Azusa Pacific System of universities and learning institutions. Sharing the mission and values of Azusa Pacific, APOU was created in response to the growing demographic of diverse students who aspire to further their education but are unable to attend a traditional physical campus institution.
The Program Director for Psychology holds a full-time administrative faculty position with Azusa Pacific Online University (APOU). In partnership with the Director of Academic Affairs and the Academic Vice President, the Program Coordinator provides leadership and administrative oversight for all psychology programs. This person will play a critical role in course development, mentoring of adjunct faculty and assuring academic excellence in order to serve non-traditional students through online and other distant learning modalities.
- Teaching courses
- Developing new academic programs and improving existing ones
- Developing approaches for assessing student learning outcomes in cooperation with the Academic Dean and Assessment Committee
- Participating in formal academic program reviews, as scheduled, in cooperation with the Academic Dean and Assessment Committee
- Writing a yearly Assessment Report based on data compiled by the faculty and Assessment Committee
- “Closing the loop” on assessment by initiating program improvements
- Working in conjunction with the Director of Academic Affairs in hiring, retaining and orienting adjunct faculty and course developers.
- Mentoring of all adjunct instructors and/or course developers in given subject matter
- Serving on academic committees as assigned
- Collaborating with internal and external constituencies as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Academic Affairs