Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
School/College: Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Programs and Research
Department: Office of Research and Grants (ORG)
The Director of Methodology and Compliance Support empowers faculty research and publication. The Director provides qualitative and quantitative methods consultation and training to university faculty from all disciplines, emphasizing extramural funding opportunities as relevant. The Director is a leader in ORG compliance support, assisting faculty with ethics review applications and responsible conduct of research training/evaluation. The Director will work with schools and colleges to enhance university curricular content for discipline-specific research methods courses.
As part of the Office of Research and Grants, the Director reports to the Executive Director of Research and Grants and works closely with the Directors of Sponsored Research, Grants Management, and the IRB Coordinator to catalyze outstanding research leading to publication.
Specialization: Qualitative/Quantitative Methods & Research Compliance
- Provides qualitative methods consultation and training to faculty.
- Provides faculty training with qualitative knowledge workbench software (i.e., Dedoose, NVivo, ATLASti).
- Provides quantitative methods consultation and training to faculty.
- Provides faculty statistical training in univariate and multivariate methods using standard packages (i.e., SPSS and/or Stata).
- Promotes faculty research projects with extramural funding potential, partnering with Director of Sponsored Research.
- Assists in compliance support including consultation for ethics review (i.e., IRB, IACUC), training and evaluation for responsible conduct of research (RCR), and adherence to regulatory requirements and guidance.
- Collaborates with schools and colleges to enhance university-wide curricular content for research methods courses.
- Provides editorial consultation for completed research projects approaching peer-review submission.
- Advises the Executive Director of Research and Grants and the Vice Provost for Graduate Programs and Research on issues related to university research infrastructure.
- Seeks professional development opportunities and remains current on qualitative/quantitative methods and related software.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of IRB and IACUC.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Faculty Research Council.
- Earned doctorate.
- Publication record inclusive of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Strong teaching record.
- Evidence of successful extramural research awards.
- Compliance support experience including ethics review of proposals, responsible conduct of research training, and review of current research projects.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, as well as interpersonal bridge-building strengths.
- Ability to sustain multiple projects simultaneously, interact with colleagues at multiple levels and disciplines.
Workload: Full-time, 12 month administrative faculty position
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self-starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.