Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
The person in this position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the PeopleSoft data system within the Office of the Undergraduate Registrar. This data expert understands the configuration, regular use, and data of the relevant PeopleSoft modules and translates between business, data, and technical resources. The Data Analyst writes departmental queries and reports as appropriate with the escalated assistance of EDM. In addition, this position sets standards for use of software in the unit and serves as a liaison between the department and the EDM Systems Analyst when technical issues need escalation. This position plays a critical role in training.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Student Records and Academic Advising modules. Works with the Associate Registrar: Data Systems, the Sr. Data Analyst, and the Systems Analyst in EDM to coordinate all technical issues.
- Supports the Sr. Data Analyst in the management and configuration of the Student Records and Academic Advising modules, in conjunction with EDM and other Student Records offices. Coordinates configuration updates and changes for each academic year.
- Creates and runs queries, analyzes data, and conducts other data research as needed.
- Audits, researches, and proposes improvements to business processes as needed.
- Develops documentation for office business processes, test scripts, and training materials.
- Assists Sr. Data Analyst in training staff, faculty, and students on all relevant software as necessary.
- Participates in process to fix a break when it occurs in relevant systems.
- Configures and coordinates scheduling of processors pertaining to UG student records, including term activation, enrollment appointments, and other batch processes.
- Develops and manages the yearly process/bundle timeline to coordinate data activities with our PeopleSoft modules.
- Works with EDM to test periodic patches and bundles to PeopleSoft and other software systems.
- Collaborates with Senior Data Analyst to make recommendations to management and EDM for system modifications and additional software needs.
- Participates and stays current in PeopleSoft user forums and communicates known issues and upcoming fixes and features to staff as appropriate.
- Determines essential maintenance projects and assembles project teams as needed, under supervision of the Associate Registrar: Data Systems.
- Participates alongside the Data Systems Administrator in the configuration and operation of the Series25 academic scheduling software.
- Provides support to the Sr. Data Analyst, Data Systems Administrator, and other colleagues to meet project deadlines as necessary.
- Attends regular and ad hoc meetings as needed.
- Works 3 Commencement ceremonies per year on behalf of the UG Registrar.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Other assignments related to job description as determined by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience configuring and managing one or more of the following, preferably for a higher education institution:
- Student Records
- Admissions Systems
- Student Financials Systems
- Financial Aid Systems
- Campus Community
- Computer and word-processing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external Student Records professionals at all levels.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to manage staff members.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Able to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, with experience in other MS Office applications
- Proficient in Google Apps
- Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions preferred
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.