We are currently seeking an individual with a PhD in Accounting or Finance to teach in our Department of Accounting and Finance. We prefer candidates with academic and industry experience—those with CPA/CMA/CFP or similar professional certification will be given priority. The Assistant Professor (Accounting/Finance) – Online position is a full-time employment opportunity located in San Diego, California.
The Assistant Professor-Online position is a full-time faculty position that supports the University through teaching, service and scholarship. This position carries a full teaching load of 24 credits/year and is located in San Diego, CA. This position is an on-ground full-time position which requires being physically located in San Diego, CA. Non-teaching duties are detailed below.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provides leadership and support to academic programs, academic discipline, and student success
• Participates in peer review and mentoring
• Participates in meetings (on site and virtual) as directed
• Maintains regular work hours coordinated with supervisor
• Maintains scheduled office hours for student support
• Engages in scholarly activities which may include publications, research, and/or presentations
• Participates in curriculum development, enhancement, and outcomes assessment activities
• Contributes to Program Review and accreditation activities
• Collaborates with other University departments to ensure a positive overall experience for all University students.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Commitment to the vision and values of the University
• Creative leadership for new program development
• Collaborative, results focused leadership style
• Successful record in the field in which you want to teach
• Strong interpersonal and communication
• Strong organizational skills
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit? Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bpiedu.com and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!
• Strong interpersonal and communication.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Experience with teaching adult learners preferred
• Online teaching experience
• Expertise in the area of instruction
• Career experience relevant to the area of expertise
• Must possess a PhD in Accounting, Finance, or related academic discipline from a regionally accredited university.