The mission ofis to provide accessible, affordable, innovative, high-quality learning opportunities and that meet the diverse needs of individuals pursuing integrity in their lives, professions, and communities.
In addition to this mission, the faculty and staff have identified several purposes that guide and direct the University's efforts.
- To foster a vigorous, diverse learning environment shaped by contemporary awareness, intellectual inquiry, and a shared search for truth in which students gain knowledge and build skills and values useful in their personal and career development.
- To cultivate student-centered learning at all levels, supported by technological resources and led by qualified faculty and staff who are guided by contemporary scholarship and professional practice.
- To promote the development of foundational values relevant to leadership in the 21st century: self-worth, creativity, interdependence, service, integrity, and effectiveness.
- To foster intellectual and personal growth, sensitivity to diversity and human dignity, effective and responsible leadership, environmental responsibility, and lifelong learning.
- To provide a traditional liberal arts college experience, programs for , and relevant graduate programs.
- To place priority upon institutional effectiveness, excellent value, affordability, responsive student services, accountable administrators, continuous assessment of student learning, and curriculum improvement to assure quality in a rapidly changing culture and demonstrate innovative leadership in higher education.
- To maintain operational, financial, and strategic strength to ensure the future of