About Lee College
The College and the Community
Established in 1934, Lee College is a comprehensive community college offering university transfer programs, career and technical education, corporate and continuing education, and academic development.
Lee College is a vibrant, continuously evolving, mid-sized institution serving an industrial community. The college is located in Baytown, Texas, approximately 30 miles east of Houston. The third largest city in the Houston metropolitan area, Baytown has a diverse population of more than 60,000. It is a prosperous community that offers a competitive cost of living, a variety of employment opportunities, and a strong tax base provided by corporations such as ExxonMobil, Chevron Phillips, and Bayer.
Lee College at a Glance
- Fifth in the U.S. for associate degrees awarded in science and technologies
- Fourth in the U.S. For associate degrees awarded to Hispanic students
- Achieving the Dream Leader college
- Ranked among top 10 percent of community colleges in the nation by the Aspen Institute for two consecutive years
- More than 130 degrees and certificates offered
- 30 student organizations in 2012-20123
- Nationally recognized honors program
- First community college in the nation to receive Kresge Foundation Grant
- 2012-2013 NJCAA Region XIV men’s basketball champs
- Clinton Climate Initiative college
- The ExxonMobil Process Technology Program
3 jobs with Lee College
Support and promote the overall goals of Lee College and Outreach Services by advocating the benefits of Lee College and importance of higher educa...
Lee College was awarded a grant from the U.S. Office of Postsecondary Education to in order to create and implement a Weekend College program to in...
Distance Education: Collaborate with librarians and faculty on the development and maintenance of innovative web-based services (aggregator and dis...